Bob Marley was known for more than his fantastic voice and lyrics! His wisdom transcended the matters of the heart and social justice…discover some fantastic Bob Marley quotes about money!
Bob Marley was a Jamaican singer and songwriter, considered one of the most important and influential reggae artists. His music spoke to the minorities and covered subjects such as poverty and social issues, his lyrics becoming one of his greatest legacies.
He also had quite a few things to say about money and material affluence, despite having acquired great wealth during his lifetime. In fact, it’s estimated that his net worth when he died in May 1981 was around 11.5 million dollars, which today would be over $30 million.
Bob Marley quotes about life and money are cited to this day all over the world, and it’s very likely that some of them will stick with you long after you’ve closed this post.
Below you’ll find some of the greatest Bob Marley quotes about money. Read on!
1. “Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.”
2. “Money can’t buy life.”
There’s a common saying about how money can’t buy happiness. And these Bob Marley quotes about money and happiness prove it right. But the singer went all the way and claimed that life, a human’s most important treasure, can’t be bought with money. And how right he was.
3. “I wish money didn’t make us who we are. I just wish we could redo society.”
4. “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver and gold.”
5. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.”
This is one of the deepest and most celebrated Bob Marley quotes on money. Especially since today’s society tends to value people according to their material wealth and possessions, instead of what really matters: the value that person brings to the world.
If you were looking for a Bob Marley quote about being rich, below you’ll find three. The singer was indeed materially rich, but he didn’t value that kind of wealth as he did others.
6. “They gave me star treatment because I was making a lot of money. But I was just as good when I was poor.”
7. “Possession make you rich? I don’t have that type of richness. My richness is life, forever.”
8. “I have a BMW. But only because BMW stands for Bob Marley and The Wailers, and not because I need an expensive car.”
9. “Your life is worth much more than gold.”
Brace yourself, because this Bob Marley saying about money is probably the most important of all:
10. ‘‘Some people are so poor, all they have is money’’
I can already see looking through some of his music and starting playing his songs on repeat. Or looking for more of his sayings on different topics, from love to life and friendship.
Even if you only take one Bob Marley quote on money from this post, I hope it will help you look at material wealth from a new perspective, and start a healthy personal finances journey.